Kevin Kirkland - Coach Kev
Kevin is a seven-time national champion and two-time world champion in tumbling and trampoline gymnastics. He is has been married to his bride Kimberly for 23 years and has four children - Kaiden (19), Kait (17), Kreed (11), Krue (8).
Kirkland is the president of Katalyst Ministries, the author of two books and an itinerant speaker at Paul Ann Baptist Church who was inspired by the Bible verse Micah 7:8 to name the facility Rise Gymnastics. The verse reads: Do not gloat over me, my enemy. Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though, I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.
“Rise is bigger than gymnastics. My call is to be a part of seeing God change the culture for today’s young people. Rise is its own culture where unconditional love is the norm. Encouragement is a constant and training young people to Rise in Christ above all the world says they cannot do is the goal. We will build champions in the sport of gymnastics with exceptional coaching and facilities but teaching young people how to become champions in life is the standard.”
Micheal Opincar - Coach Opi
23 years old
- Been coaching 9 years
- First perfect 10.0 on vault in high school gymnastics history
- 3 time Texas high school gymnastics state champion
- 3 Central high school gymnastics records
- 15+ time District and regional champion
- 2014 OU camp’s most talented gymnast
- 2015 all-American cheerleader
- 3 time power tumbling state champion
- SR ELITE power tumbler